Calculate how much it costs to add any of our energy efficient AlumiGlo LED Dock Lights to your dock or pier.
Easily Calculate Energy Costs
AlumiGlo LED Dock Lights not only produce more overall lumens per watt than incandescent lights, they also require much less power to operate.
We occasionally receive calls asking us how much electricity a particular dock light uses and how much their utility bill would increase during a months time. Since a number of variances come into play when calculating the actual cost, we decided it would be helpful to write a short blog about the subject. Hopefully, the below information and formula will help.
In order to find how much it costs to run any type of light or appliance you need to know the following :
- How much your electric company is charging you per kWh(this can typically be found on your electric bill)
- The Wattage of the light.
- How many hours per day you will be using the light.
The formula found below can be used to calculate the cost to run any 120VAC light or appliance as long as you know the wattage of the light. Use the wattage’s shown below or see specifications for all of our lights by visiting “AlumiGlo Light Technical Information”.
DockPro 3500 44-Watts
DockPro 5000 50-Watts
DockPro 10000 100-Watts
DockPro 16000 150-Watts
Calculate Cost by following these steps:
- Multiply the Wattage of the light by the total number of Hours used each day.
- Divide the result by 1000.
- Multiply your answer by the number of Days you are measuring.
- Multiply by the Cost of Electricity per kWh (can be found on your electric bill)
For the use of this example, we will use our cost which is .09 per kWh
Example: For this example we will use the DockPro 3500 which pulls 44-watts which will run 6 hours per day for 30 days.
44-watts x 6 hours = 264-watts per day.
264-watts / 1000 = 0.264 kWh
0.264 kWh x 30 days = 7.92 kWh per month.
7.92 kWh x .09 kWh cost = $0.71 per month to operate.
$0.71 x 12 = $8.52 per year to operate the DockPro 3500.
If you have any questions, please call us at 785-621-2646.